Close to the Fire! Music Radio Show, WEFT 90.1 FM with Kiwi, Champaign Urbana IL
- Breaking news: show officially upgraded to two hours. Now airing 1 to 3 pm on Saturdays at 90.1 FM WEFT
- New listener comments
Break out of the ordinary, with Champaign-Urbana's unique varied music radio show, "Close to the Fire!" live Saturdays 1 pm to 3pm central time on East Central Illinois' #1 community radio station, WEFT, Champaign 90.1 F.M., home of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Hosted, created and arranged by 22-yr-old female music composer/keyboardist Kyram "Kiwi" Singleton, "Close to the Fire!" features a daring blend of the most upbeat, energetic and party-like of the genres of Jazz-Fusion, Game Soundtrack, World and New Age. All delivered with fiery sound effects, short tidbits on artists and compositions featured, plus musical breaks exclusively composed and hosted by the creator of the show "Kiwi", who's a female keyboardist local to Champaign Illinois.
It's always getting warmer in here with Close to the Fire! at WEFT 90.1 FM. What better way to have fun and kick back after a long week?
Let Kiwi tantalize your ears and guide you through fun and surprisingly refreshing music you might have never heard of or discovered before!
Instant Poll #4: Your opinion! ↓
What change or improvement would you most like cttf to complete early 2011?
Why listen to "Close to the Fire?"
- Great way to have fun, explore new music and kick back on Saturdays
- High-energy, different and sensuous music content delivered with a rich female voice and accent
- Daring blend of Jazz-Fusion, Game Soundtrack, World and New-Age genres
- Pizazz, attitude, and entertainment
- Fun and original soundtracks and fire sound effects created exclusively for the show
- Not just music--short backgrounds and tidbits on artists are featured
✍ Friday, June 3, 2011 3:52 PM